Central Catholic High School's
The only complete 1:1 iPad Program in the tri-parish area, running 10+ years strong!
The integration of iPads into our classrooms is an initiative at Central Catholic to provide tools and resources to the 21st century learner, our students.
The individual use of iPads is a way to empower students to maximize their full potential and to prepare them for college and the workplace. This program also brings to the forefront the opportunity to teach young people their moral role and responsibility in the proper use of technology and to enable them to apply ethical filters to the endless stream of data from the global environment.
The goal of Central Catholic High School through iPad implementation is to:
Prepare students to succeed in today’s ever changing technological world
Foster critical thinking and problem solving
Encourage the ethical use of technology and devices
Shift the classroom environment from teacher-centered to student-centered
Provide a safe learning environment utilizing technology
iPad Program Basics
Students at Central Catholic High School are issued an iPad at the beginning of each academic school year. Incorporated into each student's tuition and fees are the fees associated with school’s iPad program. The fees associated with this program cover the following:
- Use of an Apple iPad and all associated accessories (official Apple 12v or 25v charger and official Apple USB to lightening cord, official school iPad case.)
- Technology staff support on-site
- Basic core apps needed for use in the classroom as well as content- specific iBook textbooks that correlate to student’s schedule (when available)
- Apple Care+ Warranty (3 years)- This warranty covers many issues with the EXCEPTION of breakage or misuse. More information about Apple Care can be found at http://apple.com
- Access to a loaner iPad in the instance that the student's iPad is being repaired/replaced under warranty
An iPad Help Desk is in place and is designed to provide assistance to students, parents and teachers. The iPad Help Desk is located in the Administrative Office in Mr. David Irwin's IT Office, located in the school’s front office suite.
The Help Desk will operate from 7:15 AM to 2:30 PM. Questions concerning iPads can also be addressed through phone calls (985) 385-5372 Ext 315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is the quickest and easiest way to contact the Help Desk.